Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Where has the time gone!!!!

So hard to believe that I've finished 24 weeks of my training so far. With only 12 weeks left to go, I'm scared that I may not be ready. I haven't run more than 16 miles, I did my first century ride this weekend, but it was on a trainer, and well, my swim is no concern really. Can I really do this? Do I really have it in me to spend this long racing? Why am I starting to freak out now?

With all the training I've been doing, it was nice to have a race weekend last weekend. Even thou Stephanie I, and I took it as a training day, keeping to our program, it was nice to be out there with others racing and being supported. Flying Pigs Marathon/Half Marathon was a great race, well supported and the turnout was amazing. Reminded me of Marine Corp and Baltimore. I love big races, when they are supported and the course is fun.


It was a great weekend with the Stephanies, and it did help burn off some of the pent up energy I had, but just intensified my fears for the coming races.

I'm stil terrified about my bike and whether or not I can keep the pace I want to. My goal is sustain a 15mph or better, which I did on the kickr, but there are no elements to deal with so that doesn't really make for a good comparison. Rich has been great with trying to get me out there and ride. But with my work/train schedule I seem to be stuck to the kickr more than I want to. He has already taken me on the York/Spring/31st loop and really pushed me to do 3 loops, first time this year. The first loop was hard, I went thru all my gears. The second one got easier, and the last one I kicked it. Mainly because a creepy dude showed up out of now were in front of me on his bike and I just wanted to race up to get to Rich. Funny takes one creepy dude to either run or bike faster :)

In 2 weeks we have the Country Roads Invitations in Rockton, IL. Just the way I want to spend my birthday, on a 2 day ride thru Illinois and Wisconsin. No really. Not being sarcastic at all. I really can't wait. But then again check back with me on Monday and see if I still feel the same way.

Saturday, we'll be hitting the hills on a 65 mile bike ride:

65 Mile Ride Shift into high gear for this 65-mile trek through the rolling hills of Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. You'll pass sprouting farmland, visit charming villages and cruise along the scenic Sugar River.

Then on Sunday, it will be an easy recovery ride, if you think 30 miles is easy or recover:

30 Mile RideRolling countryside, quaint towns, and unspoiled views along the Sugar River sets the stage for this tour. The Duck Pond rest stop is a favorite on this route.

I'm just hoping that the weekend riding will help me in preparing for Boulder.

Well ... 12 more weeks to go. Pushing out all the stops and hitting it hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment