Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TrainerRoad - 8 Days of California

Ok, so on top of my regular IM training, I decided to complete yet another challenge. This challenge would put my legs to the test on the bike. TrainerRoad opened a series 8DC for a select group of riders to compete in. It was tough as you had to complete a given ride in 8 days (in which each day lasted 50 hours). So there really wasn't any way to say it couldn't be done, it was just harder to do when I had to keep up with my regular training.

8DC started on Sunday, May 11th and went until Sunday May 18th. Little did I know, that this race was actually going on at the same time, in real life, in California. It wasn't until Stage 7 that I realied the rides were occuring, so when it came to my last stage, I chose the right time to do my ride as the ride was being broadcasted. It was pretty kewl and helped to keep me motivated.

Overall, I completed every stage, as hard as some where, I didn't drop out and tried my hardest to keep the Kickr at 100%. It wasn't until the last 2 stages that I had to adjust the Kickr and drop to below 100%, mainly because my legs were logs and I just couldn't push thru it.

Stage 1: 1:15 - 28.83 miles
Stage 2: 0:59 - 14.59 miles
Stage 3: 1:35 - 22.96 miles
Stage 4: 1:10 - 30.66 miles
Stage 5: 0:56 - 8.6 miles
Stage 6: 1:28 - 13.43 miles
Stage 7: 1:10 - 24.07 miles
Stage 8: 1:21 - 18.66 miles

In 8 days I completed 161.8 miles in god knows how many hours. This on top of my regular training of running (only ran once though), swimming and biking.

Stage 5 was the killer, as you can see with my miles completed. I need to go back and see what that really had and why I went so slow, but I'm sure I was dead from something else that I just couldn't get my speed up.

I'm just happy to say that I finished, plus I won a t-shirt, from a random drawing, for completing Stage 6 :)

Now it's back to my regular training program ... fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment