Monday, May 26, 2014

New Adventure - Blackhawk Country Roads Invitational



I realize that I need help on my bike.. BIG TIME, and luckily Rich is more than willing to help me out any way he can.  So for my birthday weekend, we took Lou's advice and signed up for the Blackhawk Country Roads Invitation, in Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin.  2 days or riding, you pick the distance.  It was thru some nice ROLLING hills and wow some climbs.

The first day we did the 65 miles together. It was a big challenge.  Boy where there some rolling hills and the climb up from Brodhead, granted hitting 33mph going down that hill was AWESOME!!!  We took extra time at the SAG stops to see what was ahead of us. Rich helped me a lot getting over those hills, but it was kind of nice as we rode up from Brodhead and that steep hill was so daunting, that I didn't want to give up. So as Rich pulled over to the side to catch his breath, I just slithered past him saying, I can't stop must keep moving, see you at the top. And I DID IT!!!

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/507162939

The next day, Rich decided to go with a short local route while I went out for a continuous 30ish mile ride.  As I was out there, thinking I was on my own, I felt a shadow come over me.  Someone was behind me. I just kept thinking, come on dude go around me, I'm not gonna race you. But no he didn't. I just got annoyed and picked up the pace, I didn't want anyone behind me like that. But they stuck with me.  Dude was drafting me, WTF. Here I am busting my butt and he's enjoying it.  Little to my surprise it was Rich.. OMG I wanted to scream. He was loving it, letting me do the work. HAHA.. NOT.  Anyways, he turned back and I kept on going.  I hit the first SAG stop and I just kept on going. I wasn't going to stop, because at Boulder I won't have a chance to stop until special needs, so I had to keep moving. As I passed the SAG group they just cheered me on, felt so good.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/507162956







No comments:

Post a Comment