Sunday, July 14, 2013

Time to Taper

These past 11 weeks have been such a challenge.  From training to races to life itself, it really tested me and made me see where I had to adjust my lifestyle to ensure I didn't fall back on my training.

These past 11 weeks brought me closer to my training team. Knowing we were all on the same path and that we were all going for the same goal made it easier to train together and lean on one another.

These past 11 weeks have been a challenge for Rich and I. We had our ups and downs but I tried my hardest to make sure that my training didn't interfere in our time together. I adjusted my training to make sure I got what had to be done, but there were tough times when I had to be up early to train and he was sleeping. I tried hard to keep it quite, but some times, puppies don't care and just make noise. For that I'm really sorry and wish I could keep the monster quite so he can sleep in.

These past 11 weeks tested my nerves and patience as I had to deal with work problem and lack of sleep. I soon over came that as I set my priorities and set my boundaries so that I wouldn't be burnt out or let my problems impact my training. This race was planned a long time ago and with me no longer being manager, the new manager needed to learn to take ownership and leadership and work with the team members, as that was no longer my responsibility. You would think that since I'm not a manager anymore, that I would be less stressed but that was not what happened, but once I put my foot down it made it easier for me to step back and just let it go :)

These past 11 weeks consisted of over 100 hours of training:

Running:
150.61 miles
30:51:21 hours
14,834 calories

Swim:
29.60 miles
17:05:29 hours
9,950 calories

Bike:
815.64 miles
56:38:52 hours
24,935 calories

With only one more week to go, I need to make sure I remain focused on what is ahead of me. I know I can do each leg, it's just doing it all in one day.  I know that my team will be there, racing with me and I look forward to hearing them as we pass each other on the run. We've all done the training. We've all reached new heights. We've all improved.  We are ready for this and we will get this done.

Although Rich won't be at my race, I know he will be thinking of me and waiting to hear how I'm doing. Nancy has offered to send him reports during the race so he's kept up to speed on what I finished and that I'm still alive :)  I'm hoping we can celebrate when we're both home.

Now I need to just rest and relax and be ready for race day.  I know I can do this!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment