Friday, July 19, 2013

It's almost time

I'm feeling really on edge lately.  Could it be cuz of my race, or cuz of deployment this weekend... Whichever it is, it is really impacting my sleep.  Last night I just couldn't relax. I was tossing and turning all night. Then I had Payton tossing and turning and pushing me. I just couldn't sleep. And then of coarse she's up at 6am and wanting to snuggle and kiss... so much for sleeping in :(

At least I finally got my bike rack.  Thanks to Stephanie I, who switched cars with me, went out to the Bike Shop and got in installed. Then both Stephanie's were going to load up the Jeep with there stuff so that tomorrow all I have to do is drop off the pups at boarding and then switch back cars and get my bike loaded and we can hit the road.  I've packed, unpacked, checked my list, and packed again and finally have all my gear set.  It's already in the jeep so all I have left is to make sure I have PJ's and clothes packed and my nutrition, and then I'm really done.

Tomorrow morning is going to be an early morning. We want to be up in Racine by the 11:30 for the Athlete Race Briefing.  Stephanie I, Wendy and I decided to opt out on the group dinner and we're probably going to do an earlier dinner at AppleBees.  Although most like to carb up before a race, Italian food just doesn't settle well with me, plus my ulcer has been going crazy that I don't want to aggravate it more than it already is.  It's not that we're not being team players, it's more that we want to be careful with out stomachs and really really don't want to throw up at the finish line.  I'm nervous enough as it is, I don't need to be worried about my stomach.

I'm thinking I'm ready for this... My bike pace has gotten so much better, somehow in the last 2 ride i was keeping an 16-17mph pace. My run hasn't improved much but at least I know I need to keep a 13 min pace. My swim, well my swim is my swim, hasn't improved much but I'm happy with it.

Now I'm just hoping I survive this release and get home in time to get at least 6 hrs sleeps and then be up and ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment