Monday, March 31, 2014

Half way point...

OMG can it really be? Have I really been doing this for this long? And I still have so much more to do!!!


And now reality hits.  

We have reached that half way point in our training. 18 weeks down, 18 more to go. It doesn't seem to be getting harder or anything but it is definitely at the point that I know I have to really make sure I hit my workouts and put in my effort into them instead of just slacking off because I'm just not up for it.  I'm enjoying the fact that now I can start riding outside, which with the winds and debris on the trails makes it a bit of a challenge, but it's so much better than just sitting on the trainer.  Granted I do LOVE my KICKR, being outside is so much different, and so much fun when you have friends to ride with.

This past weekend really took a toll on my legs. 14 miles on Saturday, which in the end I found out I was going too fast for. And then 2 hours on the bike on Sunday. My thighs were FLAMING.  I noticed a weird noise, and Stephanie did too, when I was riding and getting into some of my higher gears. Seemed like it was rubbing on the front derailer, so after searching around I found a bike shop that had a 1 day turnaround, instead of the 2 weeks others were telling me, so in to the shop Roxy goes.  At least I got another ride in today, along the Salt Creek trail and it felt pretty good. The winds killed but the ride home was nice, especially when the wind is in your back and PUSHING you down the street.

I also got in a good swim today, using my snorkel for all but the 500 warmup and stretching thru my stroke. I wasn't concerned about staying on my TT, but more with my form. This wasn't about time, but about form/style and stretching through my stroke and giving my legs a rest.  I'm getting better and better with the snorkel, and didn't have any near drownings this time around. I'm still on the fence if I'll use it for any of my races, but maybe a few Open Water swims with it will help me decide.  Now if only the weather will cooperate and give us a chance to hit the lake before Grand Rapids.

So to give me even more motivation, attached are a few links to the Boulder Run and Bike course... No doesn't scare me at all... YIKES!!!

Boulder Run Course

Boulder Bike Course

No comments:

Post a Comment