Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 7 done, 1/5 of the way there...

So reality is starting to hit. I made my final payment on the house we're renting and now trying to figure out travel plans. I know we'll be using Southwest (thanks to miles Rich and I will be flying for free) and I'm also looking for a car rental so we can check stuff out while we're there. Luckily, I found out that Christin will be flying out and back on the same dates as me. This way we have each other and I won't be too lonely or too scared, since I don't know when Stephanie I is coming out or even Rich. I'm so happy Christin is coming out, I think she's seen me at most of my big races than anyone else.

This week of training I really tried to hit all my bikes/runs as it says. It was hard thou, since we got snowed in over the weekend to below freezing on Monday and Tuesday, which forced me to stay home from work and work from home.  I didn't get a chance to go to spin class on Monday, so it was riding at home. Tuesday I finally got out of the house and went to run on the treadmill.Wednesday it was back to the trainer. This time I decided to retest myself, and ride the 20 min test I did the first week. I'm happy to say that I've been able to improve in the past 6 weeks. My cadence was up, my speed was faster and my heart rate felt more in control. I was really happy to see that I was improving, this work is paying off. Thursday was running on the treadmill (again) and I enjoyed my Friday off day. The weather seemed to be the biggest challenge for my training. On Friday, the rain started, which meant flooding and staying up late to keep up with the seepage. So Saturday's 9-11 mile run, the rain water and dropping temps, scared us off from running outside, so that means... UGH back to the treadmill. I didn't think I could do it. But Jay gave me the idea to do a 3 mile run followed by a 10 min rest. I opted to change it up and do a 3 mile run at a good/faster pace, then a 1/4 mile walk. After 1:48 on the freakin treadmill I did, I got in 9.5 miles. WOW!! I hope I never have to do that again.  Sunday, my last day, I decided to kill myself and make up for lost time.  Started the day with Yoga By Degrees Sculpt Class, then off to the pool for a swim. I swam 1700 non stop, followed by a 100 easy, where my mile was about 35 minutes and the it was on to the bike for a 2 hour ride.  That ride really really hurt. My legs were spent from yesterday and today's sculpt class. I could feel my knees throbbing and my quads were burning, but I pushed thru it and I got it done. I'm so happy this week is done and I'm happy that I hit all workouts.

I still can't believe I'm going down this path. It's a strange idea to comprehend. I'm scared that I won't be able to do this and there are times I cry because I'm scared what will happen if I don't. I sometimes feel so alone in this journey, and I know I have my team, but it's still lonely. Everyone is dealing with other things, personal and physical, that it's hard to get together to train. Yeah we had each other last year for Racine, but since it's only Stephanie I and I doing Boulder, I just feel weird talking my concerns and issues with everyone else, since they are not going to be racing with me. I feel so alone at times it scares me, but I know that I'm not. I don't know... I guess I'm just being weird :( Maybe once the weather starts to cooperate we can all be back out there together and I won't feel as lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment