Saturday, August 2, 2014

Last day's of sanity



This is so true... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

After missed training rides, falls, a DNS, I was worried I would get a DNF here.  The course was brutal for my standards (which are pretty low).

Leading up to the race day we had some time to review the bike course. It rained the whole ride but we had some idea of how it was going to be... TOUGH!! The roads were open and at times desolate. There were some climbs and a u-turn (oh great). One section looks pretty smooth, little did I know it was a FALSE FLATS. Just around mile 100 there was a nice down hill only to be met by a sharp left turn to tackle the Three Sisters, that by that time of the race I knew why they were called the Three Bitches.

We spent time at Ironman Village checking out the booths and found the FREE massages and Active Release booth.  I took advantage of getting some extra AR in my neck and that helped to relax me and get me ready.


Of coarse we also shopped. Bought several Boulder IM gear, but nothing that said finisher, as that doesn't go on sale until AFTER the race. So for now, just buying what looks good and what I'll be willing to wear even if I don't finish (yes that thought still lingers in my head but you never know).


The boys eventually arrived and we went on road trips to the Rocky Mountains and The Stanley (AKA The Shining House). We had a good time, and it helped relax me, for that moment.

My emotions were in such a roller-coaster. I would sit laugh and have fun, then be alone and start to cry over nothing. I was so worried that the fall would come back to haunt me. How can I actually do this. I started to do the math to see what were my cut-off and how I had to do this to make it to the finish by 17 hours.  I knew midnight was the final time, but I was hoping to start early in the swim, which although it gave me added time to get to the finish by midnight, it didn't give me extra time from the 17 hour cut off.

Is anyone sleeping.. I know I'm not...

Is anyone eating... I know I'm not...

Does everyone else feel like this? or is it just me?

Will I be rested enough to get thru this race? I don't think so.

Can I really do this? I sure hope so

What if I can't make the ride? The bike scares me sooo much!!!

Oh damn... 1 more day!!! 1 more day!!! 1 more day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment