Monday, June 3, 2013

Finally ... rest

5 weeks down
5 events/races completed
28 days of training

and I FINALLY got a day off... but at what expenses.

So I decided to change up my Week 5 weekend workout and move my long run to Friday morning, since I was working from home that day. This way I'd wake up early and run and then hope to sleep in on Saturday and take a full day off of training.

Well... let's look back at the week... All my training was off due to the holiday and races on the weekend. So my Monday run was Tuesday morning, my Wednesday run was Thursday morning.  Then on Thursday we had a brick workout, so I had to run again at night.  My body had just about had it.  Granted I was having great paces on my runs, on Friday morning my body wouldn't cooperate, plus the humidity was high and I had trouble breathing.  This weekends long run was a out and back with a negative split, only 1:30-2:00.  I thought that would be easy, head to the zoo and then back, no biggie... UHHH NOPE!!! I was just not feeling it, I was definitely struggling the whole way.  Once I hit my 50 minutes out, I had posted on FB that I hit the wall and still had to make it back home... then surprisingly I hit a 10ish min mile... WHERE DID THAT COME FROM... well regardless it was short lived. I walked so much more and it sucked all the way.  I got back home in a 1:42, 2 minutes over my negative split. I really thought it would've been so much more worse, but my little spurts of energy must've help compensated for that and I wasn't as bad as I thought.

I got home and soaked in epson salts and then settled in to work.  I screwed up my appointment for my massage and I missed it and had to reschedule for this Friday.  I was so bummed, and pissed off that I did this as I was really looking forward to starting a nice relaxing day off.

Sleeping in didn't happen, thanks to Payton. She was up early as usual and just wanting to play. So I finally got out of bed at 7am and snuggled with her.  How can I get mad at this little girl, she's soooo sweet :)  Rich decided he was going to golf before we headed to Angelo's for the Hawks game (they won... WOOHOO!!) so I went shopping. I didn't find any work clothes but I got lots of summer clothe... and guess what I'm  FREAKIN SIZE 3/4!!! I have no clue when I was that size before but it felt great.

So then it was the game and finally home to sleep.

Sunday was a long bike ride, 3:00 - 3:30, but I only got in 2:50 (moving time) but was gone for 3:30... so if you count stops and stuff I did do it... mere technicality :). It was cold and misty, we headed out and ended up in Bolingbrook, close to the IKEA.  And then we run into Coach... just my luck he stuck with me to help me work the hills.  Can i say I HATE HILLS!!!! But he did help and I think I know what I have to do. I also practiced getting out of the saddle when I pedal and that went pretty well.  Getting more and more comfortable on Roxy... it's just those DAMN HILLS!!! After that was dinner at my parents for Carol and my birthday then home again.

So 5 weeks is done and I have 7 more weeks to go.  We're starting OW swims this weekend, since we have Pleasant Prairie in about 2 weeks, and workouts are getting longer.  I need to adjust some of my schedules so I can make sure I keep everything even, with work, home and work-outs.. UGH

No comments:

Post a Comment