Sunday, March 25, 2012

Shamrock Shuffle 8K

Why oh why did I do this run... I was not ready for it. Lack of sleep, lack of good nutrition and a lack of heart for running this past month, and more this past week thanks to work, I knew it would impact my time. As I drove in to this race I just wanted to turn back around and head back home and say F* it! 

I started out ok, and then when we hit the bridges (less than a mile out) I was done. I started to walk. And once I did that I couldn't get back into my run. I just wasn't feeling it and it sucked. I wanted to cry. 


I was also dealing with a new toy... My Garmin 910xt and I couldn't figure it out. Just one more thing to screw with my running. I had trouble getting a signal then I couldn't figure out the alerts. I knew I should've played with it a bit before the race but with my work schedule that was just not possible. Ugh. Let's just get this done so I can have my beer :)





Official time: 1:05:43 

No comments:

Post a Comment